Housing alterations and improvements

If you intend to carry out any improvements or alterations to your home and/ or property, you are advised to contact Planning and Building Standards for advice

Owner-occupiers in former council houses may require planning permission for certain types of works.

Existing council housing tenants should always contact their local housing office, in the first instance (use the contact us box at the right), if they are thinking about making any alterations or improvements.

Use the contact us box at the right if you have any questions.

A to Z of services