Gas Servicing

Gas servicing within your council house

As a landlord, North Lanarkshire Council has the responsibility to ensure that all gas appliances, piping and flues are maintained in a safe condition within our housing stock. 

We carry out an annual gas service and safety check to all our properties that have gas central heating. This legal duty is set out in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. 

What to expect when an annual gas service is due:

  • We will contact you by letter in advance of the anniversary. It will advise you of your first appointment date. It is important that you contact on receipt of this letter.
  • The engineer will attend the property to carry out the gas service.

  • We ask that if you have a pet, to ensure it is kept under control to allow the engineer to carry out this essential work.  Failure to do so may result in action being taken against your tenancy.

  • If access cannot be gained on the first occasion, a calling card will be left at the property advising of the second appointment date.

  • If another appointment is required, contact should be made with our gas servicing service provider in the first instance on 01698 743647.

  • If access still cannot be gained, you will be contacted with a third appointment. Once arranged you find that this appointment cannot be kept, contact should be made with the Services and Legislative Team using the details contained in the 'contact us' box.

  • If we continually find that we cannot access your home, we will use our legal right to make forcible entry to carry out such works to ensure the continued safety of our tenants. You will be notified in writing beforehand with a fixed appointment.

Forced entry appointments are final and cannot be changed. Dogs and cats must be removed from the property if no-one is present at the time of the forced entry.


To report routine and emergency repairs, please call our Central Heating Servicing and Maintenance Provider Saltire on 0845 606 1555. Appliances owned by tenants are the tenants responsibility for repair and maintenance. Tenants will be required to ensure that they use a gas safe registered engineer.

Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions.

A to Z of services