Ceremony Suite - Kilsyth

Kilsyth is approximately 6 miles north of Cumbernauld and lies in the Kelvin Valley with the Forth & Clyde Canal running nearby

Kilsyth was originally named Kelvesith, meaning "Kelvin-lands" being the area around the headwaters of the River Kelvin.

Colzium House Ceremony Suite

Colzium Estate in Stirling Road falls within the district of Kilsyth centrally located between Glasgow, Falkirk and Stirling. The Estate is not only famed for its architecture, but also its impressive surroundings featuring the 'Walled Garden'.

Kilsyth is easily reached by the A803 from Glasgow through Bishopbriggs and Kirkintilloch, thereafter following the local signs for Colzium Estate.

The building of Colzium House Mansion started in 1783 with considerable additions being made in 1861 by the Edmonstone family of Duntreath. Retired Town Clerk W. Mackay Lennox purchased the house in 1937 and subsequently presented the House and Policies to Kilsyth Burgh in memory of his mother.

Colzium House now incorporates a suite of community rooms and a small museum of local history.

The room available for ceremonies can accommodate up to 50 guests. It is situated on the lower level of the house with french windows opening onto beautiful gardens. There is a separate waiting area for the principal party.

The upper level contains a banqueting hall available for reception hire. This may be particularly appealing to parties wishing the convenience and simplicity of a 'one venue ceremony'.

Access to the ceremony room on the ground floor is suitable for a standard wheelchair however, banqueting hall access may cause difficulties for disabled guests.

Parking facilities are provided within the grounds of the house.

The Walled Garden has an excellent display of conifers and rare plants providing an ideal backdrop for photographs.

Please use the 'contact us' box if you have any questions. For more information, see 'related pages', 'downloads' or 'other useful websites'

A to Z of services