Council house repairs

Advice and information

If you live in a council house and need a repair, please use the contacts below.

Emergency central heating or hot water problems:

For all other council house repairs:

  • call Northline repairs on 0800 678 1166.

Scheduled or non-urgent council house repairs

  • Unfortunately, during periods of severe weather, we may have to suspend non-urgent and scheduled repairs so that we can concentrate on handling emergencies.

  • If you have already requested a non-urgent repair, we will contact you as soon as possible to re-arrange the work.

  • You can still report non-urgent problems on line by using the Housing repair form on the right. We will contact you to arrange the work as soon as the severe weather emergency work is completed.

Gas leaks

  • If you smell gas or suspect a gas leak, call National Grid on 0800 111 999 or visit their website.

Water supply problems

In case of emergency water supply problems, please call Scottish Water on 0845 600 8855 or visit their website.

In case of emergency power failures, call Scottish Power on 0845 27 27 999 or visit their website.

Stay in touch

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and receive instant updates on our winter services and any disruptions caused by bad weather.

You can also sign up to email alerts and stay in touch with the latest Winter Services news.

Email alerts This link opens in a new browser windowFacebook This link opens in a new browser window Twitter This link opens in a new browser window

A to Z of services