Any scaffold or hoarding which encroaches or projects over the Highway requires a scaffold permit. These permits are only issued to the scaffolding company.  In Scotland if you propose to occupy or open part of a road (i.e.. carriageway, footway, footpath or cycle path etc), there is a requirement under the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984 to obtain permission from the local Roads Authority. This is done by applying for the relevant permit.

A to Z of services