Sex shops (licences)

The rules for the licensing of sex shops are written down in schedule 3 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.

The council must advertise all applications in the local newspapers. 

Also if an application is for premises then we must display a notice outside the premises.

We are responsible for dealing with applications and for issuing licences.  In Scotland we issue licences in terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act, 1982.

A to Z of services