The Gaming Act 1967 and Lotteries and Amusement Act 1976 say that you must get a permit from the council if you operate:

  • an amusement park;
  • arcade; or
  • other premises where amusements with prizes will be provided.

In Scotland it is legal to play bingo for profit on properties which hold a licence under Part II of the Gambling Act 2005.

You need a licence if the main use of your premises is to play bingo for profit.

A to Z of services